I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Isis Blake hasn’t fallen in love in three years, forty-three weeks, and two days. Or so she thinks.
The boy she maybe-sort-of-definitely loved and sort-of-maybe-definitely hated has dropped off the face of the planet in the face of tragedy, leaving a Jack Hunter–shaped hole. Determined to be happy, Isis fills it in with lies and puts on a brave smile for her new life at Ohio State University.
But the smile lasts only until he shows up. The menace from her past—her darkest secret, Nameless—is attending OSU right alongside her. And he’s whispering that he has something Isis wants—something she needs to see to move forward. To move on.
Isis has always been able to pretend everything is okay. But not anymore.
Isis Blake might be good at putting herself back together.
But Jack Hunter is better.
Wait… it’s over? What am I supposed to do without Jack and Isis in my life anymore?! *dramatic sigh* I feel lost. *extra-dramatic sigh* Pass me the donuts. I’m going to miss this sarcastic duo. I will cross my fingers and toes, hoping for a future book (since she dropped a hint/tease about a potential followup on Facebook the other day. And it would be cruel if she were joking. Amiright?).
Sara Wolf has a writing style like no other. Run-on sentences abound, making my former high-school English teacher shudder and cringe. But you know what? It works! I find myself holding my breath through Isis’ paragraph long tirades, imagining her talking a mile a minute. She blurts out exactly what she’s thinking. And really, how many of us have a grammatically correct inner-monologue?!
Filled with perfect similes and vivid imagery, Wolf manages to make me both cry and laugh in the same breath. Not meant for conservative readers, there may be a few *hundred* swears… (ass: 29, shit: 59, fuck: 71). There are scenes with drugs and alcohol, and it might also be wise to add a trigger warning, as there are scenes of sexual abuse, though they are not described in detail.
And as a cherry on top, it was also well edited, making it all the way to 61% before I found a typo. Bravo!
Ultimate College Survival Kit, including:
- *Ouch! BandAids. 24 Assorted adhesive bandages with absorbent pads.
- A durable, sleek, modern laundry backpack. Machine washable with a secure locking drawstring closure.
- 3M Command Adhesive Poster Strips to hang posters and Dormify prints on your wall with no hassle. Pack of 12 strips.
- 3M Command Adhesive Medium Hooks for hanging hand towels, jewelry or more. Pack of 2 hooks.
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s Dish Soap perfect for those dirty dishes that (unfortunately) won’t clean themselves
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s All Purpose Spray Cleaner. 100% natural for any and all household cleaning
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s Scrub Cleaner perfect for kitchen and bath cleaning.
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s Gentle Laundry Soap.
- Namast’ay in Bed Eye Mask, perfect for sleeping in late.
- An aluminum head massager to relax your body when you massage your head with the soft-tipped stainless-steel tips. 10″ Tall.
- A set of ear plugs. Plug in and tune out
- Weekly Calendar Message Board to help you plan out your schedule.
- Holy Moly It’s Raining Poncho
- A Ping Pong ball, in case of emergency.
- Bring your bath essentials to the shower in style with the Mint Spa Basket Shower Caddy. Waterproof – made with durable plastic with sleek chrome handle (9.25 x 7 x 5 inches)
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- Review + #Giveaway: Veiled by Stacey Rourke - November 7, 2017
- Book Blitz +#Giveaway: Dead Blue Sea by Erin Hayes - November 6, 2017
- Book Blitz + #Giveaway: Subhuman by Michael McBride - October 30, 2017